The Cocla is the top-of-the-range professional Breithaupt stratum compass. It’s designed for accurate and simultaneous measurements of dip angle and dip azimuth in a single operation. Patterned after the design of Professor Dr. Clar of the University of Vienna, this Breithaupt stratum compass is ideal for use in geological, geophysical, mining, and tectonic applications. This robust, long-lasting compass has a unique transparent bottom with a hinged mirror so you can take measurements even when the compass is held overhead, and features a 50mm diameter horizontal circle that is graduated in 1-degree intervals and numbered every 10 degrees, from 0 to 360 degrees, with a declination adjustment to 30 degrees.
- Measurement and reading of azimuth of dip and angle of dip in one single operation (according to Clar method)
- Declination (± 30°) and inclination adjustable
- Automatic arresting of the needle when not in use
- Eddy current damping allows reading after approx. 3 sec.
- Transparent circle with a diameter 50mm with an interval of graduation of 1°
- Dip measurement range 270° graduated in 5°; Reading by estimation 1°
- Deep etched tracing edge graduated (60mm)
- Circular spirit level (observable also from underneath)
- Compass circle diameter 50 mm
- Precision compass needle (balanced for zone 1 – magnetic north)
- Can be balanced for use in other zones (ask about lead time)
- Dimensions of closed compass 2.9” (74mm) x 3.78” (96mm) x .98” (25 mm)
- Includes leather case
- Weight .6 lbs (275 g)
- Made in Germany
Breithaupt Kassel was founded in 1762 in Germany and has been headed under the Breithaupt family name for 8 generations. This long span within the business has resulted in Breithaupt Kassel developing many exemplary achievements which have since become industry standards in the fields of mining, surveying, forestry, and geology. Within the company, an operation and code of ethics results in strict production inspections after each manufacturing operation to guarantee a consistently high standard of quality in accordance with international regulations. Ensuring that you will receive only the best instrument, nothing less. Within this section you will be able to view a moderate range of Breithaupt Kassel which we offer, most suitable for geological and surveying use, but have uses outside of these industries as well.